- ICANN & Internet
- Artist / Band
- Best Practices & Tips
- Business Models
- Business Networking
- CD & Physical Media
- Conferences & Expos
- Digital Downloads & MP3
- Events & Festivals
- Film & Television
- Finances & Getting Paid
- Goal Setting & Planning
- Gear & Software
- Marketing & Promotion
- Music Industry
- Mobile & Ringtones
- Publicity & PR
- Record Labels
- Social Media
- Songwriting & Production
- Touring & Gigs
- Website Strategy
How to Unleash Creative Innovation, Product Differentiation & Build a Sustainable, Competitive Advantage
- May 26, 2011
- Artist / Band, Best Practices & Tips, Business Models, Goal Setting & Planning, Marketing & Promotion, Music Industry, Performing, Publicity & PR, Songwriting & Production, Technology
- No comments
What is innovation? I describe innovation as connecting the dots between two seemingly unrelated processes or industries together to form a sustainable, competitive advantage and making a difference that truly matters to the bottom line.
How do you create product differentiation?
How do you create a sustainable, competitive advantage?
What is the most important critical success factor for innovation and sustained profitability?
How do you leverage past failures and turn them into success?
Why the Music Industry needs a .MUSIC Official Website Domain Name: All Artists, Bands and Musicians are Music Brands in need of a Home
- August 30, 2010
- Artist / Band, Best Practices & Tips, Business Models, Distribution, Finances & Getting Paid, Goal Setting & Planning, ICANN & Internet, Legal, Management, Marketing & Promotion, Music Industry, Social Media, Technology, Website Strategy
- 11 comments
Why does the music industry need a .MUSIC domain name for official music websites?
What is the secret of branding on the Internet?
Why will .MUSIC replace .COM as the industry standard for official music websites?
What are the advantages and benefits of .MUSIC?
20 reasons why all artists, musicians and bands need a .MUSIC website?
Why are FREE alternatives to music websites not a long term strategy?
Will raising ticket prices decrease movie industry profits and increase piracy and illegal downloading of pirated Hollywood films?
Will the increase of ticket prices increase the illegal downloading of Hollywood movies?
Will high prices of ticketing negatively impact movie industry business model and profit in the long run?
How is piracy and the illegal downloading of films via P2P file sharing networks different from the challenges that music industry faces?
Future of Music: Marketing, Promotion & Artist Management Strategies in the New Music Business Industry
- December 20, 2009
- Artist / Band, Best Practices & Tips, Business Models, Business Networking, Digital Downloads & MP3, Distribution, Finances & Getting Paid, Goal Setting & Planning, Management, Marketing & Promotion, Merchandising, Music Industry, Publicity & PR, Record Labels, Social Media, Technology, Ticketing, Touring & Gigs, Website Strategy
- No comments
Innovation in Music & Business: 5 Innovative Steps for Artists, Musicians, Bands, Business Managers & Industry Professionals
- December 14, 2009
- Artist / Band, Best Practices & Tips, Business Models, Business Networking, Goal Setting & Planning, Management, Marketing & Promotion, Music Industry, Performing, Recording, Songwriting & Production, Technology, Website Strategy
- 1 comment
What is innovation?
What are the 5 steps for innovation in music & business?
How can you encourage creative thinking and practices?
How can you harness innovation to help your songwriting, business or career path?
- December 13, 2009
- Best Practices & Tips, Digital Downloads & MP3, Film & Television, Games, Legal, Marketing & Promotion, Music Industry
- No comments
Can you convert pirates and illegal downloaders to potential customers?